The first time I heard someone recommend dry shampoo the first thing that I thought was gross! The thought of not washing my hair gave me instant goosebumps. But the reality was that my hair consumes so much oil that even on the cold days and nights for some reason I wake up with the top crown area of my head full of unmanageable oil. I am an unfortunate victim of having to wash my hair and blow dry it each day. After working in the beauty industry for such a long time, I know that I am doing my hair an injustice by over washing and applying so much heat to it. I decided to give dry shampoo a try, how bad can it.
Even though I was skeptical and even grossed out about the thought of not washing my hair daily I decided to give it a try for one complete week and only washed my hair every other day. I strolled out of bed each day and followed my normal routine. After a long night of tossing and turning combined with a long day of managing my work schedule and the kids school and soccer schedules. I applied a few sprays of dry shampoo and instantly the oil was long gone and my hair was clean! Shocking, but I can honestly say the bottle of dry shampoo that I cringed at the thought of using gave me some time back into my schedule and has helped me reduce the amount heat that I applied to my hair. Hooray! Here are some tips and tricks on how to use dry shampoo and some benefits.
What are the benefits to dry shampoo?
- No more trying to find the time to blow dry your hair.
- You will be putting back some money into your pocket and time in your schedule but not having to visit the dry bar so often.
- Your hair will receive less heat to it, no more abuse to your hair!
- Perfect for traveling and those on the move constantly!
How to apply dry shampoo?
- Brush your hair completely and style your hair as you would each day.
- When spraying keep the nozzle about 6 – 8 inches away from your hair.
- Do not spray onto your scalp, only spray on your roots.
- You can use a blow dryer on the cold setting to remove any white chalk looking residue.
There are so many brands on the market, they all range from a $5 – $25 price point. I tried Not Your Mothers Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo, DryBar Detaox Dry Shampoo, Psssst! Instant Dry Shampoo, and R+Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo the top favorites that I am currently using are Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo and Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo they both instantly removed all the oil from my roots leaving me with fuller, cleaner hair and smelled great!